These tutorials are the best place to learn about the basic features and the algorithms in
- FEniCS101 notebook illustrates the use of FEniCS for the solution of a linear boundary value problem.
- Poisson Deterministic notebook illustrates how to compute gradient/Hessian information and solve a non-linear parameter inversion for the Poisson equation in a deterministic setting.
- Subsurface Bayesian notebook illustrates how to solve a non-linear parameter inversion for the Poisson equation in a Bayesian setting.
- Advection-Diffusion Bayesian notebook illustrates how to solve a time-dependent linear inverse problem in a Bayesian setting.
- Hessian Spectrum notebook illustrates the spectral property of the Hessian operator for a linear source inversion problem.
The interactive ipython notebooks are located in the
tutorial folder of the
To run the notebooks follow these instructions.
- Open a FEniCS terminal and type
$ cd tutorial $ jupyter notebook
- A new tab will open in your web-brower showing the notebooks.
- Click on the notebook you would like to use.
- To run all the code in the notebook simply click on Cell --> Run All.
For more information on installing ipython and using notebooks see here.