These tutorials are the best place to learn about the basic features and the algorithms in
For the complete API reference click here.
- FEniCS101 notebook illustrates the use of FEniCS for the solution of a linear boundary value problem.
- Poisson Deterministic notebook illustrates how to compute gradient/Hessian information and solve a non-linear parameter inversion for the Poisson equation in a deterministic setting.
- Subsurface Bayesian notebook illustrates how to solve a non-linear parameter inversion for the Poisson equation in a Bayesian setting.
- Advection-Diffusion Bayesian notebook illustrates how to solve a time-dependent linear inverse problem in a Bayesian setting.
- Hessian Spectrum notebook illustrates the spectral property of the Hessian operator for a linear source inversion problem.
The interactive ipython notebooks are located in the
tutorial folder of the
To run the notebooks follow these instructions.
- Open a FEniCS terminal and type
$ cd tutorial $ jupyter notebook
- A new tab will open in your web-brower showing the notebooks.
- Click on the notebook you would like to use.
- To run all the code in the notebook simply click on Cell --> Run All.
For more information on installing ipython and using notebooks see here.
For additional resources and tutorials please see the teaching material for the 2018 Gene Golub SIAM Summer School on Inverse Problems: Systematic Integration of Data with Models under Uncertainty available here.
hIPPYlib version 1.6.0 see here